I am currently recruiting for an Accounts Manager based in Chichester on behalf of a great Practices. They are looking for a current Client Manager or Senior with circa 5 years practice experience who has qualified either ACCA or ACA in the environment and is looking for a step up with improved work-life balance as well.
My client are based in Chichester and are incredibly well regarded in the local market. They have a very loyal client base and benefit from a great deal of client referrals. They have a very well established structure which means that at all levels there is a very good quality of client care which is something that the Directors are very proud of.
About this role
The successful Accounts Manager will join the Management Team, their principal objectives are:
- The management team are clear on what is expected of them as managers, receive regular feedback from directors as to how that are performing and are capable of growing in line with the demands of the business
- The management team work together seamlessly across departments, collaborating to deliver efficient and effective operation processes
- Individual managers support their people to grow and in doing so are strong at delivering employee engagement
Client facing responsibilities:
- Building sold client relationships via various forms of communication, but most importantly regular contact with all clients either by telephone or face to-face meetings.
- Managing a portfolio of sole trade, partnership, limited company and personal tax clients and ensuring all HMRC and Companies House filing deadlines are met. Total fee portfolio in the region of £300K+.
- Overseeing and ultimately responsible for all aspects of the client work, including but not limited to: bookkeeping, regular management accounts and vat return completion. Annual accounts preparation, tax computation and tax return submission. Payroll, P11D and form 42, company secretarial matters.
- Overseeing the transition to cloud accounting for those clients that are undertaking that task.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence and enquiries.
- Identifying and managing planning opportunities including annual review of basic tax planning and remuneration, and general business support for clients.
- Responsible for staff supervision and training for their team.
- Team of 5 currently, including 1 x ACA trainee, 2 x AAT trainees, 1 Senior and 1 AAT qualified (whose main responsibility is cloud implementation).
- Managing the work flow of the team to ensure the best use of resources.
- Developing and mentoring the team to ensure they progress within the office environment and achieve success in their exams.
- Enabling each member of the team to achieve their potential.
Business Development responsibilities:
- Working with the directors and other managers within the company to look at ways in which we can achieve our growth targets.
- Regular attendance at local networking events. Establishing your own reputation as a professional adviser within the local business community and building your own network of contacts and referrers of work.
- Meeting potential clients, establishing their business needs and demonstrating how the business can not only assist them but also add value to them.
- Seamless "on-boarding" of new clients.
- Cross selling of additional services to existing clients.
The successful Accounts Manager:
- Will be ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Will relish the prospect of working for a fast growing firm, in a very busy and challenging environment.
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively build and maintain relationships with the team and cross all the departments of the firm, and with clients, contacts and referrers.
On offer is a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as genuine development opportunities in a great environment.
If you are interested in this role or similar roles within practice please get in contact directly with Jack Hughes on .