Bishopsgate Institute - Finance Business Partner
Bishopsgate Institute is the delivery arm of the Bishopsgate Foundation, founded in 1894 for "the promotion of the education of the public". We are a small, independent charity with our own extraordinary premises at the crossroads of the City, Spitalfields and the East End.
For over 120 years, Bishopsgate Institute has been providing opportunities for people to come together to learn and discover in extraordinary spaces. The nature of those opportunities continues to evolve over time, but we remain true to the motto our founder William Rogers chose for us: senesco non segnesco, which loosely translates as I grow old but I do not grow lazy.
Bishopsgate Institute is an independent and energetic creative hub where the City of London meets the East End: an incubator for talent and skills development, a place that welcomes all sorts of people to explore their subject of interest with like-minded people.
We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking finance professional with robust technical skills to assist the Chief Executive in ensuring effective management of the Institute’s finance function during an exciting period of change.
Reporting into the Chief Executive, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the financial planning of the Institute and the development of management information;
- Leading the design, implementation and review of systems, processes and procedures producing management accounts to improve analysis and insight quality;
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the business and ensuring budget holders are supported on all financial issues;
- Preparing year end returns, consolidated financial statements and accounts for the Bishopsgate Foundation and B I Trading;
- Ensuring effective financial monitoring and control;
- Supporting cross functional projects with financial modelling and analysis.
The successful candidate will be a strategically minded individual with previous experience of working in management accounting or business partnering in a fast-paced environment or coming straight from practice. You will have excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability
to build effective working relationships at every level across the organisation. We are looking for a strong team player, who has a flexible and proactive approach to their workload. An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification is essential. Enthusiasm for the Arts and Heritage is a must.
Application deadline: Sunday 11th March
Interviews: wc 26th March
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and supporting statement to Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane via the link below. An early application is highly recommended.