Funding Senior Manager
This is a finance interim role for a leading UK rail organisation, who are fast becoming the back bone of national transport. They need someone to start immediately with the contract running until the end of August 2018
The Purpose of the Role:
The provision of Corporate Finance advice such as inflation advice and analysis on funding matters within the company and to key stakeholder, on aspects of the advice such as inflation, foreign exchange and business case support, supporting the Head of Corporate Finance and Corporate Finance Senior Manager in other areas such as development of Financial Annex to the Businesses Development Agreement, and working closely with a government transport company as well as HM Treasury, and internal project and analysis teams.
· Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA), or proven track record of delivery and leadership within relevant finance roles
· Proven track record of experience in numerical/analytical roles
· Excellent presentational skills, able to present and explain complex arguments and positions in a clear and persuasive manner
· Excellent modelling skills:
- Ability to interpret and present complex financial information under time pressure and intense scrutiny.
- Highly developed Excel skills. To include experience of using Pivot Tables and Macros. Knowledge of Visual Basic within Excel would be an advantage but training can be given
· Good working knowledge of finance systems and analysis packages eg. Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Hyperion, PRISM would be an advantage.
· Government experience or construction/rail experience would be an advantage
- Financial Planning experience
· Good knowledge of government budgeting concepts/processes and business cases would be an advantage
· The organisation is a fast moving and evolving project and roles and teams are still in the early design and implementation phase. You will be prepared to demonstrate a flexible attitude to your work.
· The project is working to tight timescales and you will need to demonstrate resilience to drive the right behaviours both within the immediate team and from the supporting functions across the business.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to collaborate with a wide range of specialists and senior stakeholders
· Able to commission, evaluate and interpret a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data including financial models, accounting advice, complex project plans and technical/engineering advice.
· Able to lead, motivate and manage others in teams and cross-functional delivery