Internal Communication Officer
This is a really exciting time to be joining Mencap’s expanding internal communications team as we’re going through a digital transformation that’s going to revolutionise the way we communicate with our 8,500 colleagues.
We have two Internal Communication Officer (ICO) roles available for two brilliant individuals who have experience in the communications world. You’ll need to be highly organised and able to juggle a number of priorities and projects at the same time. You’ll also need to be an excellent fit with Mencap’s core values: Caring, Trustworthy, Inclusive, Positive and Challenging.
You’ll join a small, busy, friendly internal comms team that currently consists of a Head of Internal Comms, 2 x Internal Comms Officers, an Internal Comms Assistant and a brand new Intranet Manager.
The roles are split in to two separate focus areas:
Channels and Content - The ICO will lead on the production of several of Mencap’s internal comms channels, including our staff newsletter, intranet news and our manager and leader communications. They will take the lead on gathering and sharing relevant, interesting and engaging content from across the organisation.
Two-Way Communication - The ICO will lead on developing, overseeing and continuously improving some of our two-way communication channels at Mencap. This includes facilitating monthly Q&A sessions with our executive team and coordinating a regular programme of whole-organisation conversations.
Both ICO’s will be responsible for looking after the day-to-day aspects of our digital internal communications channels, including emails, the intranet and Yammer. They will also provide internal communications planning and support to key projects and teams across Mencap.
Sound ideal for you?
Key skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of the principles of good two-way communication & employee voice
- Ability to manage a successful communication project
- Understanding enterprise social networks
- Excellent editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take responsibility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage with and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Creative, innovative thinker
- An understanding of Mencap and what we do
*Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of key skills and experiences, refer to the attached JD for more detailed information
If you feel like you have what it takes to be our next Internal Communications Officer, please apply using your CV and cover letter.
JOB ID: 12286
*Please state which role you would like to be considered for, or whether you are open to both in your cover letter.
*London based is preferable, but other locations can be considered.