Finance Manager job at a Leeds Academy
An exciting job opportunity for an immediately available Financial Manager in Leeds. The client is looking to pay an equivalent salary in the region of £45,000 to £52,000
Your new company
A Multi-Academy Trust based in Leeds are seeking an interim Financial Manager to join a growing and dynamic finance team and report directly to the Regional Finance Director. This role is for approximately 6 weeks in the first instance.
Your new role
This role is to provide support to the finance function of the Academy Trust. You will also assist with all aspects of development and effective operation of financial systems and procedures. To assist in budget setting and monitoring, departmental budget, costing activities and development of budget profiles. You will be working with an individual school within the Multi-Academy Trust as well as potentially working with other trust schools.
Some of your duties will include:
- Produce annual financial statements, prepare audit files and liaise with external and internal auditors.
- Produce accurate financial reports to tight deadlines, including the reconciliations necessary to support the monthly management accounts.
- Ensure the Academy remains compliant with VAT requirements, including monitoring the Academy's VAT status and ensuring that VAT returns are submitted in line with HMRC guidelines and those of the Trust.
- Observe month end procedures and contribute to their on-going development.
- Ensure that monthly payroll journals are processed in line with month end procedures.
- Ensure that the relevant accounting standards are appropriately applied in the production of the monthly and annual accounts.
- Monitor and update the Academy's fixed asset register, including additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation charges.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be either a fully qualified accountant, qualified by experience or similar. Essential experience includes working within an education academy setting, management accounting function expertise including the preparation of management accounts. Strong IT skills, in particular excel knowledge are required. A knowledge of Civica software would be advantageous. A flexible approach is required.
What you'll get in return
* A salary in the region of £45,00 to £52,000 dependent on experience
* 37.5 hours a week Monday - Friday
* This post is immediately available and the client is keen to appoint as soon as possible, so to avoid disappointment apply as soon as possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.