Senior CDM / Principal Designer
We are currently recruiting for a CDM / Principal Designer to join a leading consultancy based in South London. The successful CDM consultant / Principal Designer will be tasked with a challenging role covering interesting projects within the Construction sectors throughout the UK, these areas will include healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed-use and residential schemes.
The successful CDM / Principal Designer will hold at least 5 years' worth of relevant industry experience, specifically within the Construction sector. It is crucial for this role that the CDM / Principal Designer holds an HND, HNC, BSc or MSc within a relevant construction related topic and NEBOSH Construction certificate. The candidate should possess a personality with suitable fit to the company's ethos, this will include initiative, proactive work approach, strong presentation skills and he ability to self organise and prioritise in a timely manner.
The client we are currently working with offer a first class principle design service to their clients therefore they are seeking excellent candidates to join the growing team. Due to the nature of the role the CDM Consultant / Principal Designer will be involved with client liaison whilst attending design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
CDM / Principal Designer Position Overview
- To undertake CDM Consultant/Principal Designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role; including site visits, preparation of the pre-construction documentation and other associated duties.
- To liaise and communicate with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/health and safety issues. -.
- To assist in the preparation of health and safety/CDM documentation for contractors and others.
- To manage projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- To seek and follow up opportunities to promote the Practice.
- To attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and to keep them informed of issues on your projects, at all times.
CDM / Principal Designer Position Requirements
- 5 years' industry experience, specifically within Construction
- NEBOSH Construction or higher
- Degree, Masters or HND/HNC in a related discipline
- Initiative and proactive work approach
- Good understanding of appropriate legislation
- Ability to gather evidence progress against agreed standards
- Ability to work under pressure.
CDM / Principal Designer Position Remuneration
- Salary DOE
- Package to be discussed at interview stage.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy