We are currently working with an impressive Technology company based in Cambridge who have a requirement for an experienced candidate to join their busy and expanding team as a Planner/ Purchaser.
The company are a leading developer of Industrial Inkjet Software, Drive Electronics, Components and Systems. Their products drive thousands of Printheads and Scanning Systems all over the world. Joining the company at this time offers a thrilling opportunity to be part of a thriving Business with a unique working environment.
Reporting to the Ink Systems Production Manager the purpose of this role will include the preparation and planning of complex Ink System Production assemblies, and the procurement and scheduling of externally sourced components and material to support the production plan. Ideally you will have previous experience of production planning and stock purchasing ideally from within a batch production/ component manufacturing environment. You will be using Excel and MRP systems and experience of creating flexible plans that can vary to meet changing production pressures and resource restrictions is essential.
This is a developing role within a very busy environment, as such, we are seeking a capable candidate who is able to hit the ground running and possess a desire to improve current processes and controls. With time, as the company grows there is every possibility this role will then split into a Planner and a Purchasing function respectively.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Raising and managing supplier purchase orders
- Co-ordinating the scheduling of Ink System production with a focus on planned maintenance, amendment and scheduling
- Purchasing of Ink System production parts including day to day supplier management in order to meet requirements
- Working closely with account managers to ensure customer expectations are met
- Create, ruin and analyse reports in order to
- Maintain materials stock
- Plan and schedule builds/ material purchases
- Maintain supplier consignment stock
- Ensure on time delivery
- Propose forecast purchases
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrable experience of working within planning or purchasing previously
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where deadlines are subject to change and planning needs to offer flexibility
- Comfortable working as part of a team and working autonomously
- Previous work experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Sage 200/ Sage MRP or similar
A competitive salary and excellent benefits are also offered with this interesting role. If you would like to know more about this position, please do contact Gemma Turp. To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter today.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!