Our client, a fast growth commercial finance company are looking for a Risk Underwriter with experience in Property/ Asset Finance.
They are looking for a dynamic, forward thinking individual to join a dedicated team of hard workers with easy going personalities, to reach common goals of excellence and achievement.
Main duties and responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Research and collate appropriate information to make a credit decision and keep appropriate records relating to information received and decisions made.
- Liaise with internal and external personnel to gain extra/appropriate information or to discuss applications where necessary. Provide regular information on application statuses and work load.
- Where necessary discuss and agree ways to structure applications that will make the application acceptable to the company.
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the business such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors.
- Carry out risk assessments to analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risk affecting the business and escalate this information to the Risk Director if need be.
- Assist the Risk Director to lead meetings and industry lead steer groups with key potential/established stakeholders to raise the company profile, establishing the company as the provider of choice within the market.
- Actively contribute suggestions and influence improvements in relation to the Cash Flow and Property processes and working practices. Ensure you are compliant with the company's Risk Policies and Guidelines.
- To work within the level of risk the business is prepared to accept.
- Monitor own and team performance against set targets and Staff Dialogue.
- Support the audit of relevant quality assurance systems across the business.
- To assist in developing the business Continuity plans to limit risks and preparation for if things go wrong.
What experience do you need for the role?
- At least 3 years’ experience in a risk environment & strong decision-making ability
- Understanding of financial statements and principles of lending
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work within structured processes managing tasks efficiently and effectively
- Adaptable, self-motivated team player
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Be proactive and acts on own initiative and have good problem-solving skills
IT skills required:
- Excel (min of intermediate preferred)
- Word (min of intermediate preferred)
- Experience of using CRM systems