Senior Cloud System Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer, Network Design, Architect, Cloud, SaaS, Broadcast, Media, MAM, Media Asset Management, Post Production
London + Home Working + EQUITY IN THE BUSINESS
Our client is an exciting Award-Winning Cloud / SaaS based Broadcast services company in London and are going through an exceptional growth period doubling year on year and require a Senior Systems Engineer to join them. The successful candidate will get equity in the company and would expect to be considered for promotion in around 1 year due to growth!!!
This role could also see you doing much of you work remotely and from home and grow into a senior team member quickly. If that’s appealing, read on………..
This is a unique opportunity for a technical candidate to join a company that embraces talent, encourages creative thinking and thrives on technical innovation, rewarding hard work and talent with rapid career growth opportunities.
Based in London and reporting directly to the senior management team, you will leverage your existing strengths in strategy & design, architecting, networking, infrastructure and software administration, providing outstanding quality of service to our UK and international clients.
You will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day design, setup, delivery, systems administration and back-end support of networking, private cloud storage, cloud compute and Software-as-a-Service solutions.
The role will involve numerous technical responsibilities, bridging customer support and systems administration, as well as unique product development and integration project work. One of the key challenges in working with service providers and partners in cloud based Network Design, Configuration and Trouble-Shooting.
Personal Attributes and Career Goals:
- You will be a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to give your all to your role and excited by the prospect of working within a fast-growing cloud business
- You will love learning new technology and constantly pushing the boundaries of how emerging cloud and SaaS products can reshape the way our customers work
- You will be confident working in a team as well as working independently and will be a natural people-person, able to adapt to a fast-moving environment
- You will work well under pressure and be well-organised and capable of meeting project deadlines and delivering work to the highest standard
Role and Responsibilities:
- Designing / Architecting, Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems (Windows Server and Linux), application software and system management tools
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining user applications including Accelerated File Transfer (eg: Signiant, Aspera, Data Expedition), Software-defined-Storage (eg: Zadara, Quantum), Digital Asset Management, Remote Desktop (PCOIP) solutions, Transcoding, Video Streaming and new emerging SaaS applications
- Design and build of new monitoring solutions
- Supplier / Vendor selection and management
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support, working in collaborating with our L1 support desk team and third-party vendor partner engineering teams - this is a rare occurrence but critical
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability across all integrated products and services.
- Participating in the design of network architecture and operational software systems for new products and services.
- Providing pro-active, friendly service to customers, including web-based on-boarding and training for end users
- Evaluating and testing new solutions/software products and presenting findings to senior management
Technical skills requirements:
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Broadcast experience highly desirable - MAM / Media Asset Management / Post Production
- IP Network & Ethernet - Strong understanding of Internet (public) network services and private LAN / WAN circuits. Interest in the future of Software-defined-Networks
- Proven track record of installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based VM environments as well as Windows Server VM environments
- Experience with virtualisation and containerisation (e.g. VMware/ESX, Xen Hypervisor, Docker)
- Storage Administration experience: SAN, NAS, NFS, SMB, RAID Groups, Object Storage (S3 / Swift API)
- Experience with using software-based monitoring systems and providing accurate, detailed reports
- Experience with AWS/Azure/OpenStack is a plus
- Scripting skills are a plus (e.g, Shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience of basic Project Management and project-based team work is a plus
- Experience in media technology industry, or with media formats / encoding is a plus