An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Manager based in Basildon.
You will be responsible for the Payroll Management for all EMEA entities, as the lead for the Payroll team based in UK. Maintaining and enhancing the financial controls needed to ensure accurate and timely payroll reporting to both internal and external stakeholders; providing support for decision-making and building relationships across the EMEA regions businesses; managing a complex payroll structure via a hybrid of in-house and outsourced payroll providers. You will be working closely with each of the External Audit firms and Internal Audit & Compliance teams for the multiple entities supported by the Payroll team and will be expected to comfortably work with all levels of the business.
- Full responsibility for payroll management, including payments, journal entries, handling queries and balance sheet reconciliations across multiple ERPs for all EMEA entities managed within the Shared Service Centre
- Providing mentoring, training and coaching to the payroll clerk, including regular performance reviews, establishing objectives, goals and personal development plans to drive high engagement
- Supporting Month end and Quarter end close, providing reconciliations for key control accounts such as Net Salaries, Tax Payables, Pension Payables and Credit Card Suppliers
- Maintaining payroll systems to ensure tax compliance as per local regulations and requirements, resulting in timely payment of salaries, taxes, pensions, third party payments and accurate GL journal entries.
- Overseeing the expense claim process, to ensure correct authorisation and control procedures have been adhered to, as well as the timely processing and payment of claims and accurate recording of relevant benefit in kind reporting
- Overseeing and administering the Company credit card scheme.
- Leading on-going Payroll & Expense process improvement initiatives and streamlining the operations of the Payroll function. Review operations on an ongoing basis to ensure controls and records are adequate and appropriate, fully complying with both local GAAP and US requirements
- Leading the expansion of Payroll & Expense services, providing business case reports, ensuring comprehensive knowledge transfer, robust resourcing to deliver consistent performance during transition period and improved KPIs as targeted
- Assisting with Internal and External Audit and SOX requirements, providing timely, accurate information when required
- Maintaining agreed KPI's to ensure control of all key targets and accurate daily management reporting
- Planning of resources in a dynamic environment to ensure all deadlines are met.
Personal Qualifications & Experience
- Payroll Managing experience with relevant accounting qualifications desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of managing and developing staff
- Strong technical knowledge of procurement principles and procedures
- Evidence of delivering strong results and process improvements in a fast moving environment
- Good analytical and organizational skills with clear personal development goals and career aspirations
- A team player, excellent at building relationships, doing what is right for the team and working effectively with all levels of the business
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement, enjoying learning and stretching oneself
- Exhibit a strong tenacity to meet expectations with the ability to manage various priorities
- Detail focused, but with the ability to visualize the bigger picture and strategic intent
- Holds themselves personally accountable for performance and meeting customer requirements
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk