Safety / Control System Engineer
- Undertake Control System Engineering activities at our Mayland Office, including producing quotations, material specification, producing method statements, Autocad engineered drawings, Software and Hardware Engineering, panel build, etc. To be involved in installation projects on sites both onshore and offshore in both hands-on and supervisory commissioning roles
- To work with the Control Systems Managers to grow the business and maximise all opportunities for work in the sector/region.
PLEASE NOTE: From time to time your manager may ask you to undertake reasonable tasks not stated within this role profile but commensurate with your position. The Company also reserves the right to review and update this profile to reflect the changing needs of the job. However, any significant changes will be discussed in consultation with you.4. Experience & Qualifications Required
- Experience with control and preferably safety systems engineering projects
- Strong general experience of control and safety system engineering and a basic understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Educated to an advanced technical level in a relevant engineering discipline, (e.g. time-served Engineer or part-qualified to HNC level /above or experienced in requirements for this role).
- Strong IT (MS Office) and numeracy skills.
- Experience managing a small team and controlling, organising and motivating internal labour resources and sub-contractors.
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes.
- Flexible approach to working away including both Onshore "hands-on" and Supervisory roles along with offshore Oil/Gas project work in the North Sea and potentially worldwide
- Good financial skills including
- cost and budgetary controls
- Engineering qualification or specific training
- Current up to date UK Offshore and Medical Certificates
- PTS Trained or with Rail Industry Experience
- Allen Bradley product knowledge and programmingAbility to use Alan Bradly Software
- Excellent written and verbal skills at technical and professional levels
- Able to explain technical concepts simply and succinctly
- Solution oriented.
- Able to work at a consistent level under pressure and demanding deadlines
- Able to work with others in various team environments and to be confident and assertive with people at all levels;
- Excellent time management skills, and able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Able to build strong business relationships with key clients
- Flexible and not afraid to roll up sleeves and get stuck in when needed