Trade Floor Support Engineer
Trade Floor Support Engineer job in Camden London
Trade Floor Support Engineer Job
Location: Camden, London
Pay rate: £30 per hour
Contract length: 5 months +
Your new company
A leading IT service provider has a job requirement for a Trade Floor Support Engineer to join their growing team in Camden, London. Our client, who operate in over 70 countries and have over 10,000 employees in Europe alone, are Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services who implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of vendors to manage their technology infrastructure on their client's behalf. However, the most important part of their company are the services they provide, which is where you come in.
Your new job in Camden, London
In your new job as a Trade Floor Support Engineer in Camden, London you will be required to:
- Ensure work undertaken by the Trade Floor Support team is adequately resourced and achievable, prioritised and carried out based on priorities and deadlines.
- Comprehensive support of all Trade Floor Support related IT issues and problems.
- Maintain adherence to IT security practices, directives and recommendation as defined by the business (Control and GIS) and industry standards.
- Capture all workload activity via Remedy toolset.
- Respond to phone, e-mail and face-to-face incidents reported to the team.
- Regular visits to other sites based in London.
- Responsibility for ensuring the PCs at the DR site meet requirements, are documented and procedures created.
- Ensure that the Trade Floor Support team follow all existing procedures and develop/create new procedures as required.
- Ensure new systems are introduced via due process, documented, etc.
- Communications procurement/support (e.g. administration of private wire lines).
- Organisation of desk moves and other out-of-hours support activities.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Trade Floor Support Team Engineer based in Camden, London will have:
- Previous Dealing Room support experience
- Windows 7 desktop support knowledge
- Knowledge of Desktop PC hardware
- Experience supporting Bloomberg in a dealing environment
- Experience supporting Reuters Eikon in a dealing environment
- Experience supporting other market data apps such as Tradeweb, Abacbus etc
- Office 2007/2010 Experience
- Good Communication both oral and written.
- A desire to make things better.
What you need to do now
If you feel this is something that you would be interested in, please apply by the 19th March 2018 and get in touch with our specialist recruiter Jaspreet Kalsi.