UK Management Accountant, Harrogate
An expanding medical device design and distribution business based in Harrogate, are looking for a UK Management Accountant to join their finance team.
Currently the business employs c115 people and has a turnover of in excess of £20m. This is expected to grow to over £30m in the coming years.
Reporting to the Group Management Accountant, this appointment is extremely important to the continued development and control of financial reporting and compliance.
The primary functions of this appointment will be to ensure continued good financial controls and ensure that processes are developed, implemented and adhered to within the UK finance function. You will work in conjunction with the Group Management Accountant and Group Financial Accountant to prepare Monthly Management Accounts. In addition to the management reports there are normal monthly requirements in relation to stock provisions, accruals and prepayments, journals, online payments, VAT returns, EC Sales List reporting, weekly sales reporting and annual budgeting.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure effective systems of financial control are implemented in the UK
- Preparation of management accounts and reports to a high standard
- Preparation and distribution of weekly sales reports.
- Cash forecasting
- Cost centre reporting
- VAT and EC sales lists
Systems and Processes
- Involvement with the effective design and implementation of the group’s business systems
- Ensure all controls and procedures are fully documented
Experience and Skills
- Newly qualified or part qualified accountant with an interest in or exposure to commercial industry
- Demonstrates high standards and experience of effective management reporting accounting
- Demonstrates experience of working with a small but focused team
- Articulate and assertive, retaining an ability to influence in a multifunctional organisation
- A strong planner, who anticipates needs and requirements, develops plans and implements actions.
- Enjoys the variety of work and high levels of responsibility
- Highly computer literate
- Track record or working and thriving in a change oriented organisation
- Demonstrates high standards both ethical and informational
- Prepared to go the extra mile, driven, energetic, enthusiastic and ambitious