Job Description For Vacancy No: 237707T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Development Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Overview of the role:
You will be working with a team of Engineers to take new products from concept design and prototype phase through to production. The role involves Development and test work to internal and external standards, which often requires liaising with other internal Departments and external component suppliers.
Qualifications / Experience:
- The successful candidate will need to be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline, alternative engineering qualifications will be considered when supported with relevant experience.
- Additionally, applicants will require experience of off highway equipment and their applications alongside a methodical approach to problem solving and designing tests.
- The ability to plan and organise multiple tasks supported by a proactive approach will be essential.
- Applicants will be required to be familiar with Instrumentation methods for measuring pressure, frequency, volts, current, temperature and CANbus information.
- Development and commissioning of Hydraulic systems.
- Machine stability testing.
- Whole vehicle test and development to internal and external standards: Brakes, steering, visibility, cooling tests.
- Development of software and associated parameters to optimise machine control systems.
- Designing, building and running endurance test rigs.
- Machine performance and fuel consumption testing to internal test standards.
- Customer acceptance trials and evaluations.
- Liaising with other departments and suppliers to resolve technical issues and supply information e.g., Design, Production, Service and Marketing.
- Running of machines on endurance test. Recording, communication and close out of issues on PCM.
- Report writing.
Salary: £30000 to £45000