Electrical Testing Engineer
We are looking for Commercial and Residential Electrical Testing Engineers.
Mobile and Office based.
Purpose of the job:
To ensure that all assigned domestic and commercial electrical installation testing, rectification works and reporting is executed within the allocated time, is technically compliant, runs smoothly, and on programme.
To provide technical assistance and support to less experienced colleagues when required.
Conducting commercial and domestic electrical testing and producing the associated, detailed electrical installation
Conducting site surveys with detailed reporting of findings to assist with quotations/client queries.
Conducting and compiling validation reports/surveys.
- Ensure effective and smooth running of assigned jobs
- Assisting management with the procurement of necessary equipment/materials to complete the assigned tasks.
- Systematic and logical sequence of works.
- Ensuring Compliance with Health and Safety regulations/risk assessments is adhered to.
- Liaise with clients and tenants to ensure expectations are managed and met.
- To present a professional image at all times, both in the office and to clients and be a 'role model’ for the rest of the staff.
- To be willing to work in excess of usual working hours when the balance of the company’s work or allocated responsibilities requires this. We do not expect excessive working hours, rather we require flexibility when there is a clear benefit to the company.
- To understand the consequences of your actions for the company and to actively share responsibility with the managers and the rest of the other electrical engineers for the success of the company.
- Taking a personal interest in individuals’ progress, giving feedback on the performance of each team member
- Ensuring fair treatment for all, working according to the principles of equal opportunity.
- Be aware of basic employment and health and safety laws
- Provide appropriate levels of coaching, development and support to the apprentices and recognise that everyone is different
- Identify development needs
- Clarify what will be expected as a result of the development activity
- Deal with the difficult issues, fairly and effectively
- Provide encouragement to take ownership of work and contribute to making decisions
- Provide encouragement to input ideas and constructively challenge decisions made
Key results areas:
- Wastage - Minimise cost of damage and wastage of materials
- Customer Satisfaction - To be measured by achieving the contract overall KPI related to the customers satisfaction
- Programmes - On time and on budget
- Current BS7671 Edition
- Electrical Qualifications to City @ Guild inclusive of Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Experience with EICR for commercial electrical installations minimum 3 years and minimum 5 years
- general electrical inspection and testing
- On site experience 1 st and 2 nd fix
- Financial awareness
- To be able to work unsupervised
- Communication skills & Reporting