Deputy Manager of a Preschool and Senco
Full Address: Holy Trinity Church, Church Road, Claygate, KT10 OJP
Exact working hours:
Any further details: Deputy Manager: Jigsaw Pre School, Holy Trinity Church, Claygate
A Deputy Manager is required for a popular pre-school with excellent facilities and a Good OFSTED. We are looking for either an experienced Deputy Manager or someone with a Level 3 qualification who is keen to develop their career and who is committed to and enthusiastic about being part of a team who are working to deliver an outstanding level of care and learning. You will need to have experience of leading sessions and a strong knowledge of the EYFS.
Pay: - £10.70 per hour
Hours - 31 hours per week term time.
Please contact the Jigsaw Administrator for a full Job Description and an application from atOr download the information on our website: About the Role
Job Description for Deputy Manager
Role Jigsaw Pre-School Deputy Manager at Holy Trinity Claygate (HTC)
Employed by:Claygate Parochial Church Council (The PCC)
Responsible to: The Jigsaw Manager
SummaryTo deputise for the manager and support with planning, delivering the curriculum and liaising with parents. To have a thorough knowledge of EYFS and Ofsted requirements.
To work as part of the Jigsaw staff team, supporting learning through the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum (EYFS) and assist as required with the personal care & needs of the individual children. Experience of working with pre-school children and knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage are essential.
Jigsaw Pre-School operates weekday mornings from 9.15am until 12.30pm, with a Lunch Club from 12.30 – 1.30pm plus 1.30p – 3 pm Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Your basic working hours will be from 8.30 am – 3pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and 8:30 to 1:45 on Tuesday and Friday. (31 hours per week - term time). Times of working hours may be subject to negotiation.
Duties will vary from session to session, but essentially responsibilities will include the following:
- To deputise in the absence of the manager
- Assist the Jigsaw Manager in securing OFSTED registration in order to provide consistent quality of service and in support of the Manager, be responsible for the preparation of OFSTED inspections and action any recommendations that may result from inspection to ensure that the Pre School is providing high quality care and education.
- To be the designated SENCO Co-ordinator
- To lead morning and afternoon sessions as required
- To carry out staff appraisals and supervisions
- To help lead staff training and development sessions
- To contribute to and where required to write development plans for the pre-school
- To keep abreast of legislation, guidelines, policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements are met at all times.
- To reflect on practice identifying areas for improvement and where success can be celebrated
- Share responsibilities for planning with the manager, including for 2 year olds
- Build effective relationships with parents, carers and staff form other agencies.
- Setting up and clearing away resources for the sessions.
- To help set up and deliver a stimulating learning environment
- Helping with the preparation of educational activities
- Delivering the planned learning activities and evaluating their effectiveness in delivering aims and objectives
- To support children to develop independence in all aspects of the Pre School.
- Assisting children in their personal care as necessary
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of children in the setting
- Managing any concerns you or others may have regarding a child
- Be the key worker for a group of children as agreed with the Manager.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all matters concerning the children, parents and affairs of the pre-school
- To provide a service that respects children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Manager or Jigsaw Management Group.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.