An amazing opportunity has arisen for a candidate that has a strong background in accounts.
This would be a great chance to join an established Business, looking to develop the internal team that helps manage the day to day business needs.
This role will see the right candidate supporting a wide range of financial functions including; Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Nominal Ledger and cash book. In addition to this you will be supporting the Company Accountant, ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met internally and externally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To deal with general account enquiries from customers and suppliers in order to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- To undertake all purchase and sales ledger activities, to ensure that the accounts systems are kept up to date, balanced and that the finances are fully controlled.
- To check supplier invoices.
- To prepare and submit accurate VAT returns to ensure they are in line with statutory timescales and to ensure VAT payments are made on time.
- To effectively manage cash flow through monitoring it carefully, mapping break-even points and when cash is due from customers, ensuring payment terms are adhered to, and building up cash reserves from profits.
- To undertake timely bank reconciliations, including bank accounts, credit cards and petty cash, to help ensure this information is always accurate and can inform financial decisions.
- Credit Control - including maintaining regular contact with customers to ensure sales invoices are paid to terms and customer queries are resolved.
- Ensure that accurate accountancy files are kept, both paper-based and electronic.
- Attend training seminars to develop relevant knowledge.
- Additional duties and tasks from time to time as and when required.
Experience Sought in the Successful Candidate:
- An appropriate accountancy qualification or excellent experience.
- Grade A - C level in GCSE maths and English or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience of using Sage.
- Time Management.
- Great attention to detail.