Print and Digital Project Manager
A leading In-house Design Studio is looking to bring on a full time Project Manager for their growing team based in Hertfordshire.
The Production Manager will manage client work from start to finish, ensuring projects run smoothly and seamlessly within timescales and budget. The Production Manager will also regularly report progress to the company Directors. Reporting into the Project Team Manager, this position primarily involves supporting the Project Team Manager by overseeing various marketing projects and general administration and ensuring the workflow runs smoothly. The role includes (but is not limited to) the following:
The successful applicant will possess exceptional verbal, communication and client management skills as well as excellent planning and organisational abilities. Calm and approachable under pressure, they will have a keen eye for detail and never miss a deadline. This role is client facing, so the Project Manager must also be confident when talking to prospects and clients and adept at building lasting relationships.
- General administration tasks including filing, co-ordinating and attending meetings, taking meeting notes, circulating minutes and taking relevant action as appropriate.
- Ensure print/digital projects allocated by the PTM are completed on time and in budget whilst keeping the client constantly up-to-date on project statuses. Projects will range across all brands.
- Work closely with the Production Managers and their teams to assist with any ad hoc creative design/print projects for the brands. This can include (but isn't limited to) creative campaigns and guidelines as well as writing creative/design briefs where required and ensure the relevant Studio team are briefed accordingly and that they produce to brief.
- Assist the Digital Team with digital project management as and when required, specifically working with the Digital Team Manager to agree estimates and timings for bigger projects and updating the Digital Team Manager/client as to the budget status. This will also involve being present at numerous meetings with digital requirements and ensuring digital team members meet agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for managing production of allocated projects which could include brochures, POS and presenters, including:
- Co-ordinating and attending design and production meetings with marketing teams, taking notes, circulating minutes and taking relevant action as appropriate.
- Liaising with marketing teams to clarify accuracy of information to be represented in the collateral.
- Responsible for liaising with marketing and Studio Digital teams to facilitate the production of e-brochures and other digital projects, ensuring they are quoted for and managing the projects through to completion.
- Proficient with administration and spreadsheets but also have a creative flair i.e. eventually able to give a bit of creative direction and understand branding.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistency, extremely organised, and confident in taking ownership of projects and managing them from start to finish.
- Excellent client-facing skills are essential, as part of the role touches on account management, so must excel at developing and maintaining relationships. Confidence in dealing directly with lot of different team members (in a range of positions) and parks/sites. Our top priority is ensuring our customer service is second-to-none.
- Spoken and written English must be to a high standard. An aptitude for spelling/grammar is absolutely essential, as quality and proofchecking is a dominant aspect of the role.
- Any experience managing digital projects would be an advantage.
- Must be able to multitask and work flexibly as working hours may adapt depending on project workload and time of year. Attributes of the role may also change/develop from time to time to ensure the project team adequately covers all projects.
This role has great potential for a proactive individual, who excels at managing large and small projects, to develop their client-facing skills and manage accounts and projects from within the Studio.