DevOps Engineer | Birmingham | £40,000 to £70,000
Jonothan Bosworth Recruitment Specialists are currently looking for DevOps Engineers to assist our client with their large and growing customer base.
You will be part of a fast growing, pioneering working environment as they expand their capabilities to meet client demand. You will be joining the Digital solutions team of agile specialists, you will have the comfort of being part of a large and financially stable reputable company.
If you are a DevOps Engineer with a passion for the latest technological trends and open source technologies, and would like to join an agile engineering team and help build a cutting edge digital hub across the UK then please apply.
DevOps Job duties:
As a DevOps Engineer your work will include a multitude of interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud and bare-metal platforms and collaborating with senior members. You will get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
DevOps Engineer job pre-requisites:
You will need to demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Also command line knowledge (linux or windows) is required.
- Senior Engineers will need to show experience across most of the below
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates
***This role has SC clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the UK's vetting process. Non-UK nationals applying for vacancies where a security clearance is a mandatory requirement, must meet the UK's 5 year residency criteria in order for their application to be considered. Any person unable to meet these requirements should not apply***
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to Claire at Jonothan Bosworth for more information.