Male PE September Lambeth
A top secondary academy situated in South West London is currently looking for a male PE teacher to join their successful team on a permanent basis. This exciting role is to start in September 2018.
Why should you apply…
- Department: They have 8 teachers who have different specialisms. They cover a range of practical and theory lessons. They are friendly and ensure all are made to feel welcome within their department.
- Curriculum: They teach across KS4 BTEC and GCSE and for KS5 they teach A-Level. The school would be happy to meet any one who offers any of these areas. At KS3, the school is developing pupils by introducing transferable skills.
- Training: School offer CDP training to all staff on a weekly basis. The school are willing to put staff on external course too.
- School: The school is rated Outstanding by Ofsted in the last two inspections. The school are dedicated to staff and support them throughout their teaching.
What will the school offer…
- You have the opportunity to work within an Outstanding school
- Work within a supported PE department who are keen to develop every pupil they teach
- Opportunities for promotions within the school based on performance
- An innovative educational concept
- Excellent programme of continuing professional development
- Have the chance to shape the future of the PE department
What the school are looking for…
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or oversea trained
- PGCE in PE or degree level equivalent
- Extensive experience teaching KS3- KS5
- Experience of teaching KS3-KS4 PE in a secondary school
- The ability to communicate and work well as a part of team and show a commitment to being part of the wider life of the school
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
The school is very keen to hear from teachers who are ambitious and can work well in a team to successfully bring the best out of their students to achieve outstanding results.