We are recruiting a Finance Manager role for an innovative and creative global human rights organization based in central London.
With a team of 40 people in 12 countries, this is a small but dynamic not-for-profit that has genuine influence in the world's human rights policies. This is an excellent role for someone who wants to move into the charity/ not-for-profit sector for the first time, or someone who wants to build on their skills in this sector.
This role offers 360 exposure to every element of finance. Reporting directly to the Finance Director the Finance Manager will be responsible for all day-to-day running of the finance functions: Management Accounts, Budgeting, Year End Accounts, Payroll, Balance Sheet Control Accounts, preparing reports for Board Members, Systems and Controls Developments, Bank and Treasury Management.
Who we are looking for:
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, or CIMA)
- Analysis of financial data: Ability to review and analyze financial data, identify variances, and highlight risks and opportunities with managers
- High technical ability in Finance, ability to resolve complex financial issues and scrutinize data to quickly extrapolate trends and key patterns. Great attention to detail
- Digital and IT native: Extremely comfortable with digital data and cloud environment. Agile and nimble in use of various software and computers
- Advanced Excel: dealing with large volumes of data; linking and consolidating data; pivot tables; financial and logical functions; basic macros
- Excellent communication skills: Able to explain, to non-finance staff, the impact of financial transactions on statutory and management reporting. Ability to communicate clearly and use professional confidence to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve a positive outcome
- Excellent time management skills: able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Team player: ability to work effectively within and across teams, and build relationships with remote teams.
- Experience of working in a Finance environment and working with complex finance systems and foreign currencies
- Ability to implement strong and efficient systems and processes (internal controls)
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Extensive experience of using SUN and Vision/other reporting tools
- Experience of financial management and budgeting process
We are looking for a high-achieving, proactive individual who would love to work for a passionate human rights charity which makes a real difference.