Real Estate Legal Secretary
No matter where our clients are in today’s competitive real estate market, advice with a global perspective is indispensable. Our clients need a team by their side to navigate this rapidly changing legal environment that’s often complicated by multijurisdictional issues. Whether they are an investor, lender, developer, landowner or tenant, a buyer or seller of real estate, they know the challenges of this market—and want experienced counsel from people who understand all their real estate needs.
At Dentons, we bring strong, established local, regional and global experience and know-how to help our clients succeed in all their real estate ventures and projects. With over 500 real estate lawyers and our commitment to an integrated approach, we give clients the comfort of a global presence with a deep understanding of the local real estate terrain. Because opportunities don’t wait, we anticipate trends and react with speed and certainty on client's behalf, collaborating with them every step of the way.
Whether our clients need expertise in real estate leasing, project finance, acquisition and disposition, development, construction, or investment, or they need the services of astute counsel to resolve a real estate dispute, our team of committed, respected professionals across the globe is keen to help our clients succeed. Where their needs extend beyond real estate, Dentons offers a panoply of legal expertise and services worldwide in all business-related areas, including: insolvency and debt restructuring, environmental and regulatory compliance, corporate structuring, taxation, and cross-border matters, to name but a few.Purpose of role
To deliver outstanding secretarial support to partners and fee earners within the Real Estate department, with a focus on client service. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering a professional secretarial service of the highest quality.Responsibilities
- Creating/amending documents and letters
- Digital dictation
- Collating billing guides, drafting narratives and covering letters to clients / liaising with accounts team on billing matters
- Time recording
- Updating/adding contacts to InterAction, recording key activities
- Photocopying, filing, scanning and an other general administrative tasks
- Daily email management
- File opening
- Ordering Land Registry documents on Land Registry portal
- Preparing cases for completion including preparing financial statements
- Completing bank transfer forms (CHAPS, BACS etc.)
- Dealing with completions to include liaising with buyer's solicitors, client, agent and all post completion procedures, preparing DS1s to send to Bank.
- Taking telephone calls in an efficient, timely and professional manner - dealing with queries where able or otherwise communicating these to fee earner
- Updating and reporting to clients on own initiative or upon request
- Maintain and organise electronic diaries; planning and scheduling appointments and meetings, with optimum efficiency, sensitivity and reliability
- Processing and submitting fee earner expense claims and arranging travel.
- File closing
- Proven experience within a similar secretarial role
- Real Estate sector knowledge and experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Fast, accurate typing skills
- Ability to turn around large documents at speed
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Excel and advanced Powerpoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating a passion for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Sound team player
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Pro-active and "can do" attitude
- Dynamic self starter, who is able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours to meet clients' expectations.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.