Shift Engineering Technician
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to be a leader in 'advancing the world of health’
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business. We have a continuous day shift available with an attractive shift premium of 32%.
We are looking for a Shift Engineering Technician who will support the Process group in resolving technical issues within the production areas of our site. You will use your technical expertise to guide and mentor Production Technicians, work to improve processes using your creativity, fault find, troubleshoot, refurbishment of equipment and parts, attend breakdowns and take ownership and use your initiative to champion continuous improvement.
As Shift Engineering Technician, your responsibilities will include;
- To provide technical expertise and assistance to the Production Technicians in resolving complex machine related faults. To be or become the 'process expert’ for certain equipment / process.
- Act as a mentor to the Production Technicians and seek opportunities for their development with regards to effective fault diagnosis and the transfer of knowledge regarding new and existing technology.
- To be conversant and responsible in the use of technology, such as 'Laptops’ (for fault diagnosis on all types of equipment).
- Identify improvements to existing equipment that lead to cost reductions, increased productivity, quality and H&S improvements using MES, SAP and production downtime history.
- Provide assistance to Project and Process Groups during the installation and start-up of new equipment and continuous improvement programmes.
- Take responsibility for running small process improvement projects as agreed with the process group, including the co-ordination of relevant skills (Toolroom, Quality, Validation etc.).
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a high volume assembly and manufacturing environment. You will use your IT skills to operate the SAP system to log maintenance and order parts as well as using laptops to diagnose faults. You will have a good engineering aptitude that will help you fault find and solve technical problems. Ideally, you will have a background in hydraulics, pneumatics, robotics, electrical and servo systems. You will have an ONC in an engineering subject or equivalent experience. You will be a good communicator with a positive attitude and patience when assisting and teaching less experienced associates.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and 'advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.