Chase and Holland are pleased to be working with a great manufacturing client based in East Yorkshire to recruit an Assistant Buyer who has ideally worked within the manufacturing or distribution sectors. This is a full time permanent position for an ambitious Buyer with at least 3 years purchasing experience and keen to further their career. Our client are willing to sponsor the successful candidate to complete their CIPS studies.
Key duties of the Assistant Buyer with include:
- Buying a variety of products from a mainly existing and established supplier portfolio - building good rapport with these suppliers at all times
- Sourcing for new suppliers as needed and using your negotiation skills to achieve the best price without compromising quality
- Managing suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery, performance, schedule and delivery
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Expediting suppliers
Who should apply?
- If you’ve got at least 3 years Buying/ Supply Chain experience (ideally in distribution or manufacturing), then the client will be keen to see your CV.
- Anyone who has used an ERP or MRP system before will be looked on favourably.
- You must be IT literate and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
The business has a good benefits package and is committed to providing study support towards CIPS after a probationary period.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicetershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire market places.