Tax - Associate
The Dentons UK Tax practice is a multi-disciplinary transactional team that fully understands how tax law meshes and underpins other areas of the law—corporate, real estate and litigation, to name a few and how this knowledge and expertise assists our clients. We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join the team. This role is ideally suited to a 3 year + PQE lawyer, who is looking to progress quickly in their career. We will also consider candidates outside of this PQE range.
You will be joining an ambitious yet friendly team, who work with a wide variety of clients including high net worth individuals, private institutions, listed and multinational companies and blue-chip corporates. The practice's client base spans many key industry sectors; Energy, Transport, Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Real Estate, Retail, Technology, Media, Entertainment and Sports, on a national, European and international basis.
The team are the most profitable department within the Dentons' London practice and offer the opportunity for you to work on a variety of market leading UK and international projects. The team offer extensive training and support to enable you to develop a successful career.
- The role will cover all aspects of tax planning advice on an international platform. This will include supporting M&A transactions as well as some exposure to tax litigation maters.
- You will maintain up to date industry knowledge and working knowledge/understanding of relevant areas of law and provide thought leadership externally.
- You will demonstrate pro-activity in proposing commercial solutions to clients and colleagues, acting as a business advisor.
- You will work on your own matters autonomously and work closely with Partners whilst developing your skills.
- You will develop and maintain good working relationships with clients up to the most senior levels.
- You will have responsibility for managing and supervising the more junior members of the team where relevant.
- You will contribute to the team'sbusiness development activities and proactively engage with clients in a social setting, as well as being able to demonstrate an awareness of the Firm's proactive areas and Business Development strategy, identifying and taking opportunities to cross sell.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- You will have trained with and gained considerable experience within a recognised legal firm and will have substantial experience of tax advisory work
- A strong legal background
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional drafting skills
- Exceptional legal research ability
Personal Skills / Attributes Skills
- Proactive approach with a 'can do' attitude and genuine enthusiasm for Tax issues
- Excellent academic results, including at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent from a top University
- The ability to take responsibility to manage your own workload, with attention to detail
- Committed to developing your own career
- Excellent team and client management skills
- Entrepreneurial vision and a desire to get involved with business development
- A willingness to travel
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work