We are seeking an Management Accountant that is ACCA or CIMA qualified that also has Sage 50 accounts and payroll experience.
The controller position reports directly to the Managing Director and is accountable for the accounting operations of the company. This is to include: -
- the production of periodic financial reports
- maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records
- a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
- enhance the accuracy of the companies reported financial results
- ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- cash management and risk management.
Responsibilities and Accountability
As part of your contract you have a duty of care to ensure the security and integrity of customer data at all times and undertake all tasks in line with company information security policy.
- Business partner reporting to MD & shareholders
- Project accounting, departmentalised reporting, P&L ownership
- Production of monthly management accounts with meaningful commentary
- BE & Margin Analysis, F/Cost Tracker, Debt/Equity Reports, Setting of Dep & Amort rates
- Working with department heads to resolve queries and find cost effective solutions
- Studying financial KPIs and reporting concerns, carry out investigations, propose solutions
- Main point of contact for HMRC, banks, lenders, accountants, insurers, solicitors, brokers, property
- Managing team of 2 including recruitment, training and appraisals
- Sales by product/industry/region reports & leading Sales team commission award system
- Year/Month End, Reconciliations, VAT, PAYE all aspects of internal accounts work
- Oversee Payroll, AR, AP, multi-premises maintenance & Sales Invoicing; providing guidance & support
- Administrator for Bank, ASL & PO policy, pension, staff benefits/expenses & multi-site insurance
- Cash Flow MI & reporting: weekly forecasts and daily reports, working capital optimisation
- Valuing WIP and producing 12 month rolling Revenue forecast
- Developing policies, regularly reviewing financial processes and making improvements to controls
- Securing finance, funding, consolidation opportunities & regular O/D review with reporting to Credit
- Multi-Currency management & accounting
- Proactively monitoring legislative & UK GAAP changes to assess impact and adapt our processes
We offer 25 days paid holiday and a company pension