Occupational Health Advisor
Occupational Health Advisor - Reading, Oxford and Lambourn
Part time (2 days Reading, 1 day Oxford and 1 day Lambourn)
Team Prevent is the UK division of the B·A·D Group, one of Europe’s leading and most innovative Occupational Health and Safety companies. Established in 1975, our company provides Specialist Health, Well Being and Safety Services to over 250,000 companies and their 4 million employees across Europe.
As an Occupational Health Advisor with Team Prevent you will work remotely and as part of the wider Occupational Health Team, taking responsibility for the day to day clinical delivery of the service through provision of sickness absence case management, health surveillance and immunisations as required.
We pride ourselves on providing a high standard of evidence based care along with quantitative and wherever possible, qualitative information to our clients to use in order to meet their business needs.
To deliver and assist with the management and development of the full remit of occupational health services from the Team Prevent Occupational Health Department.
Specifications of Role:
- To work remotely and as part of the OH team, including administrative and screening staff, Occupational Health Physician and Regional Nurse Manager.
- To take responsibility for the day to day clinical delivery of the service through provision of sickness absence case management, health surveillance and immunisation as required by the contract and referring to the appropriate team member when required.
- To ensure that a high standard of evidence based care is provided.
- Ensure close liaison with the customer, providing quantitative and wherever possible qualitative information for their use and ensuring their business needs are met.
- Work in liaison with other agencies to ensure the health and wellbeing of the workforce as appropriate, e.g. infection control and risk management. Attend meetings in connection with all OH functions as required.
- Support maintenance of confidential health records.
- To contribute to the strategic development, and implementation of the Occupational Health Department Aims and Objectives.
- Implement and maintain relevant health surveillance programme’s.
- Pro-actively participate in health promotion opportunities for staff to improve working lives and provide advice on healthier lifestyles, working with outside agencies where appropriate.
- Work with the nurse manager to identify trends in workforce ill health and bring to the customers’ attention wherever appropriate.
- Participate in clinical audit and research and assist the development of this within the Occupational Health team.
- Participate and take an active role in Clinical Supervision to ensure dissemination of knowledge and best practice throughout the team.
- Maintain clean and appropriately stocked clinic rooms, including ensuring calibration of equipment, fridge monitoring, stock rotation and waste disposal.
- Maintain own personal and professional development.
- Assist in the planning, organising and evaluation of new and ongoing Occupational Health initiatives.
- To assist with delivery of other Occupational Health services to other Companies or Councils by individual contract
- Effectively input and recall data using the management database system (EOPAS) in line with the company requirements for clinical staff.
- To identify any cost savings applicable to the Occupational Health Department generally which will not compromise patient care or staff health.
- Assist with recruitment within the Occupational Health Team wherever appropriate.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintaining of statistical information for completing client reports as contract specific.
- Work within the agreed company policies.
- Awareness and involvement as required in auditing processes and assessment.
- The job holder is responsible for complying with the ISO standards and ensuring all policies and processes relating to the standards are adhered to all time.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
- Registered General Nurse
- Qualification in Occupational Health - preferably to degree level.
- On Part 3 of the NMC register.
- Computer literate
- Minimum of 5 years within an Occupational Health position.
- Experience of Occupational Health within an NHS and/or industrial setting.
- Good working knowledge of Health and safety legislation
- Counselling skills
- Good oral, written and presentation skills.