Purchase Ledger - based in Lytham, £16,000 - £17,500 (based upon experience)
Do you have a thorough understanding of purchase ledger’s procedures?
Do you want to work alongside a dedicated and successful team?
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for the coding and posting of all purchase ledger invoices, communicating with suppliers and collating payment runs in line with business requirements
Main Duties: -
- Following and adhering strictly to the Tangerine Purchase Ledger SOP
- Informing the FM of any changes that might be required to the Purchase Leder SOP as and when appropriate.
- Following and adhering strictly to any other Tangerine Group SOPs that this role may have to use.
- Incoming supplier invoices should be matched with the corresponding purchase order and delivery note.
- Incorrect supplier invoices should be returned to the supplier with the standard template letter detailing the discrepancy
- Ensuring all purchase orders are correctly authorised as per the Purchase Orders Authorisation Levels SOP
- Accurate processing of supplier invoices to the correct nominal codes
- Filing of all purchase orders, delivery notes and processed invoices in correct files
- Raising of payments to suppliers via Cheques & BACS
- Processing any payments made onto the supplier account on SAGE
- Contacting suppliers by email and phone to resolve queries efficiently
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Review of aged creditors report to ensure any discrepancies are corrected
- Preparation of group aged creditors report to the FM to ensure all important payments are paid in a timely manner
- Production of weekly payment runs for review by the FM
- Processing of company expense claims in line with company policy
- Ensuring any incorrect claims are deducted
- Coding all expenditure to correct nominal codes
- Production of weekly expenses payment run
- Email of remittances to claimants
- Processing any payments made onto the claimants account on SAGE
- Previous working experience within a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.