Our client, situated in Stowmarket are looking for an experienced and adaptable Assistant Accountant to join this thriving and fast moving accounts team.
Your main duties will ensure that financial accounting records, procedures and reports are maintained to a high standard to satisfy both statutory and business requirements.
Main duties will include:
- Customer/Supplier Ledger review and assisting with processing
- Responsibility for complete recording of all bank transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in finalising monthly Payroll, RTI submission, Payroll period end accounting and reporting.
- Construction Industry Scheme reporting.
- Company Pension Scheme administration of members/payments
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
- Updating cashflow model daily.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset register, prepare depreciation calculation & accounting
- Stock valuation and accounting.
- Report and reconcile invoice financing facility.
- Monitoring/review and report on customer account status.
- Month end journals to include accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of management information as required by the business.
- Assisting Financial Controller in preparing monthly reports.
- Friendly and approachable, a team player who will go the extra mile.
- Communicates well, and able to develop relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Has worked in a busy accounts team, with proven experience of all the main activities
- Capable of planning their work to achieve strict deadlines.
- Highly numerate, analytical and accurate.
- A problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and procedures.
- IT literate especially in Accounting Software & Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- MAAT/ACCA part qualified preferred.