We are recruiting a number of exciting Maintenance Technician roles (days based) to work with a global Manufacturing company based in Dudley. After a record 2017 in terms of profit and growth and with significant investment planned for this year, they are now looking to bolster their Maintenance department. The successful candidates will be multi skilled, have worked in a Manufacturing environment and be familiar operating automated machinery.
Our client is a global Manufacturing company based in Dudley. Part of a larger group that operates globally, they are now underway expanding and up skilling their Maintenance department. They have already invested heavily in 2018 in regards to new machinery and the next part of the expansion is bolstering their Maintenance team. Candidates can expect full autonomy and training and development.
Reporting directly into the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- To plan and carry out & prioritise preventative maintenance in line with planning and customer requirements
- To agree the correct level of spare parts to be held and to ensure that the stock is kept at the agreed level and stored correctly
- Supervise the installation of all new machinery and equipment
- To prioritise corrective actions reported on Maintenance Request forms. Minimising lost time.
- To monitor and record all work completed, actual machine down time, parts used and problems encountered
- To constantly review the Preventative Maintenance Plans and feedback to the team
- To be responsible for the housekeeping in the maintenance work shop, stores and any equipment worked on by Maintenance personnel
- To ensure that the layout of new equipment/machinery and modified layouts of existing equipment/machinery will lend itself to ease of maintenance
- To suggest ways in which productivity might be improved, rejects reduced and down-time minimised
- Multi skilled maintenance experience is essential
- Siemens PLC knowledge would be advantageous
- Ability to both electrically and mechanically fault find
- Strong ability to solve problems
£30,000 - £32,000 + benefits