Non-Contentious Construction Associate
A unique opportunity has arisen for a candidate to join our growing non-contentious construction team in Scotland, working on local, UK and international projects. We are ideally looking for a candidate who is 2-5 years qualified. The successful candidate will work on transactions in respect of a variety of projects in the real estate, energy, transportation and infrastructure sectors.
Our energy, transport and infrastructure practice is one of the largest and most experienced of any international law firm, boasting unrivalled marketplace & legal knowledge and industry expertise in an exciting and ever developing sector. Our client range is extensive and diverse, comprising , amongst others, project companies, developers, banks, investors, multilateral agencies, contractors, governments and other public sector bodies. In particular, our non-contentious construction team acts for a wide array of industry participants, including developers, SPV project companies, owners, lenders, contractors and equipment suppliers.Responsibilities
The role offers candidates from 2-5 years PQE an excellent opportunity to take on an autonomous role within a cohesive and supporting team and will allow you to apply your existing expertise to a range of specialisms. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting and leading on a large variety of transactions;
- Building and maintaining existing client relationships;
- Contributing to market knowledge;
- Contributing to business development.
- Experience of the UK infrastructure and real estate markets preferable but not essential;
- Experience of Construction Contracts (including main standard forms), consultant appointments, collateral warranties;
- Wider experience of EPC contracts, operational and maintenance agreements, project agreements would be beneficial but not essential ;
- Experience in working on projects in one or more ofthe real estate, energy, transportation and/or PPP sectors would be beneficial but not essential;
- Keen interest in business development.
Relevant experience of working within the UK or international construction sector is preferable but we would also consider candidates with experience in general commercial contracts or in other aspects of the energy, transport or infrastructure sectors who show strong business acumen and a keen willingness to learn. Some exposure to projects work would be beneficial but not essential.Language Capabilities
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work