CAD Operator/Design Engineer
The Role: CAD Operator/Design Engineer
Reporting to: Design Manager (aim to assign CAD Operator to each Project Manager so that they can see jobs through from preliminary drawings to post project as built drawings)
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs in 2D and 3D
* Create and revise production/design drawings
* Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
* Draws multi view drawings of designs
* Draws finished designs from sketches
* Update drafting and engineering standards
* Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organised file system for Design drawings
* Be aware of any improvements/developments which could be introduced and report to senior management
* Undertake training as compliant with the Company training matrix
* Any other reasonable unreferenced duties that may arise which are in line with the level of skill requirement
* Comply with management procedures as and when issued
Work is based at head office but may occasionally need to travel to site. The noise level at work is usually moderate. May be required to work overtime if required.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
* A good team member but equally at ease working as an individual
* High skill level in Solidworks CAD software, AutoCAD version 2000 or higher
* Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
* Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment designs
* Able to follow systems of work
* Accurate, punctual and reliable
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pipe sizes, etc.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as O&M instructions and procedure manuals
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
This role will suit someone who takes pride in their work, who has the ability to develop, learn and grow with the role and with the company. This role will suit someone with a lateral mind, who has the ability to work independently but also in a team environment. The role would involve liaising with the Design Manager who would require schemes drawn out using line sizes and pipe size, matching them to the equipment or retrieve sizes from the equipment where appropriate. The Company is an SME so there is no HR support; it is left to the Managers and Directors to deal with performance and HR matters appropriately and professionally. It will suit someone who is able to work to timeframes and is capable of working with up to 2 or 3 jobs at any one time. Typical time frames are 4 - 6 weeks to produce preliminary drawings, then taking these through to approval and 2 - 3 weeks for adjustments and final drawings.
Points of Appeal:
* Basic salary in the region of £25,000 - £30,000 (individuals commanding higher salaries would also be considered)
* Discretionary bonuses and occasional paid overtime are paid depending on the project/circumstances
* Pension - standard NEST statutory minimum contribution
* Core working hours - 0800-1700 Monday to Thursday, 0800-1400 Fridays (contracted to 40 hours per week with a 30 minute lunchbreak, welfare facilities are provided on each site and head office has a kitchen/canteen area) Flexibility is required with working hours dependent on projects.
* Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days plus statutory holidays
The Interview Process:
* Stage 1 - submission of CV including our recommendations and interview notes, constructive feedback provided to all candidates
* Stage 2 - Interview with Design Manager and a nominated Project Manager, standard format to gauge experience and personality fit, constructive feedback provided to all candidates
* Stage 3 - Interview with the Directors to include scenario/presentation to make final assessment, feedback provided to all candidates
* Stage 4 - offer