R & D Engineer/Manager
Our client is a market leader in their niche sector. To help in their growth plans they are looking to recruit a hands R & D Engineer/Manager to help develop their product range. In return they are offering an attractive salary along with the chance to work for a market leader.
- The job-holder will be responsible for the management and development of the R&D team, management and delivery of all Product Development programs from concept through to launch, and will act as the Technical Authority on all technical matters.
- You will develop and refresh the Innovation/Technology Roadmap and manage the new product pipeline in accordance with the business Strategy.
- Close working relationship with Sales, Marketing & Manufacturing will be essential to ensure the seamless development and introduction of new products and efficient resolution of any technical issues.
- Mentor and develop R&D team including development of individual personal objectives, review & monitoring of performance and ensuring all training and development needs are met.
- Develop new products from concept through to product launch.
- Project manage the Product Development project portfolio including resource allocation to ensure all projects are delivered to agreed timescales and within budget.
- Produce & maintain technical documentation, CAD drawings, costing data, design calculations, technical construction files, wiring diagrams, technical specifications, quality inspection documentation, validation and test data reports.
- Coordinate testing of products, materials & sub-assemblies to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Ensure all manuals, specification sheets and data sheets are up to date.
- Ensure all Bills of Materials are accurate for procurement department.
- Interact closely with customers to understand their needs and translate their requirements into new products.
- Ensure the technical "know-how" of the R&D team is shared and constantly increases.
- Encourage creativity and innovation within the R&D team.
- Monitor changes to industry regulations and standards.
- Adherence to all HSE principles.
- Previous R and D experience essential.
- Power Electronics/Engineering product development experience.
- Software/Programming knowledge is essential.
- Degree qualified in ideally and electronic field.
- Experience managing multiple new product development projects to strict dead-lines.
- Product design skills.
- Knowledge of mechanics of materials and material properties.
- Experience with Project Management tools.
- Experience leading and participating in teams including multi-functional teams.
- Mechanical & Electrical CAD experience.