Manager, Service Support & Improvement
As the Manager - Service Support and Improvement, you will be responsible for the leadership and people management across the team, ensuring that workflow and resources are managed effectively. You will facilitate the smooth running of the function, focusing on operational items, reviewing and improving processes to ensure optimal operational efficiencies, acting as a point of escalation, and ensuring efficient delivery of service both internally and externally.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a capable people manager with a technical background who is looking for a role with variety and broad remit.
- Acting as a centre of expertise, for our customer facing and operational teams
- Looking for ways to continually improve our underlying processes
- Triaging both operational and system issues, taking ownership through to resolution
- Ensuring deliver on service requests, adhering to Service Level agreements
- Managing user maintenance across various enterprise systems
- Ensuring the testing and acceptance of changes before implementation
- Identifying and analyzing organisational requirements and looking for ways of continuous improvement to optimise existing operational capabilities through smart systems solutions
- Provide SME advice on prioritisation of system issues acting as a liaison between the business and the suppliers.
- Liaising with internal and external customers, on a wide range of issues, complaints (via the business systems email inbox which is monitored and managed through the day by the team and led by the Manager), and requests for information or advice.
- Co-ordinate available resources and monitor workflow to ensure that the daily workload is consistently completed in line with agreed service standards
- Providing MI to Senior teams detailing productivity as well as to identify areas of continuous improvement initiatives on team and with external processes
- Manage the planning, resourcing, scripting & execution phases of UAT for all projects across various EFSL (Equiniti Financial Services Limited) systems.
- Manage the UAT, BAT and regression testing of defect fixes or new software releases.
- Manage the implementation of software releases; liaising with business and suppliers for planning and implementation on the various EFSL Systems. Co-ordination and controlling of user acceptance testing and regression testing.
- Lead, motivate, develop and appraise team members, co-ordinating their ongoing training and development in order that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard.
- Monitor individual staff and team performance, recommending actions to resolve problems in order to maintain operational efficiency and service quality.
- Provide project support ensuring own deliverables are on time and to specification.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes:
- Excellent IT skills especially knowledge of Microsoft Office and proprietary systems
- Excellent understanding of the products offered
- Good overview of the functions of operational teams
- Self organisation
- Self motivation
- Ability to learn new tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan tasks and keep to timescales
- Ability to identify system/process improvements
- Able to write reports /communicate with Senior Managers (both internally and externally)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Previous experience in managing multiple teams
- Experience of business requirements gathering and analysis
- Ability to work autonomously
- Dedication to quality
- Enthusiasm, Flexibility, Team-working
- Focus on customer service both internal and external customers
- Ability to problem solve
- Having high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Previous experience within a financial services organisation desirable
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing is desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL Best Practice in Service Management desirable
- Knowledge of SQL desirable
- Knowledge of various testing tools
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.