Volunteering Recruitment Administrator
We’re looking for an experienced administrator to join our Volunteering team. This is a fantastic opportunity to find the right volunteers for roles that help transform lives through wishes. Your role will be to advertise volunteer roles, facilitate the application process and provide support to volunteer managers who are recruiting.
You will have good communication skills, excellent customer service principles and experience of building strong working relationships. You are passionate about volunteering and driven by our mission.
You’ll be joining a team who are passionate about the wishes we grant and where every individual is valued. Working at Make-A-Wish UK is a rewarding place to work, every day you will be making a difference by helping grant life-changing wishes to seriously ill children.
Location: This role will be based from our new office in Reading where we will be relocating to in May.
Please read the full Job Description below before applying and apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed regularly with interviews being held w/c 9th April 2018.
To apply: Please email your CV and covering note including your response to the following two questions -
Question 1: What motivates you?
Question 2: Can to tell us about any personal development efforts you have undergone in the last few years?
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: Volunteering Recruitment Administrator
DEPARTMENT: HR & Volunteering
REPORTS TO: Head of Volunteering
To assist all areas of Make-A-Wish with volunteer recruitment ensuring a high quality volunteer experience.
- Advertise volunteer roles as required, proactively suggesting new ways to find volunteers
- Respond to all enquiries from potential volunteers
- Maintain an import which enables the creation of volunteering records
- Work with colleagues and applicants to facilitate an efficient application process
- Collect references and administer generic induction training
- Carry out telephone interviews when needed ensuring all volunteers recruited are appropriately matched to their role
- Supervise office volunteers as required
- Maintain the accuracy of the in-house database throughout the application process
- Produce various reports to assist with volunteer recruitment
- Play an active role in reviewing and improving administrative processes
- Work closely with the Volunteering Request Administrator to share information about applications received for current one-off volunteering opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with volunteering legislation in the UK
- Apply knowledge of best practice to the recruitment approach at Make-A-Wish and provide volunteer managers with advice and guidance
- Cover for Volunteering Request Administrator in their absence
This list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks as may be required to meet the changing needs of the business.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient at using Word, Excel and Outlook with experience of using database systems
- Strong administrative experience
- Experience of volunteering or working with volunteers would be desirable
- Volunteer recruitment experience is desirable
- Excellent customer service principles and skills
- The ability to organise time effectively, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of building strong working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to provide information to help solve problems
- Experience of recognising problems or gaps in expertise within own area of work resolving these
- Ability to make systems and processes more user friendly
Leadership and Management
- The ability to lead and inspire office volunteers ensuring they feel welcome and valued
- Ability to enthuse and engage both potential volunteers and volunteer managers in all aspects of volunteering
- Support the charity and its goals at all times
- Have a personal commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Self-awareness and willingness to learn