EMEA / LATAM Distributor Associate
EMEA / LATAM Distributor Associate
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About The Role
Working within the EMEA Commercial Operations team, this position will support and execute the regional distributor strategy for EMEA and LATAM to achieve and exceed growth targets
The role will involve working with distributors and end-users including developing appropriate sales and marketing channels. The role requires up 30% of the time to be out in the field in the region.
You will be expected to deliver growth and drive business through a defined plan. Ability to monitor, analyze and report back on business performance on a routine basis is essential.
You will be the point of contact for our distributors, build and develop relationships across all levels of the target customer base, to promote and develop strategic plans and to maintain sustainable business development.
About EMEA / LATAM Channel Management
The EMEA/LATAM Channel Management team at Abcam are based both in the field and at our global headquarters in Cambridge UK. The team is made up of experienced Life Science Sales and Marketing professionals and have responsibilities to deliver revenue across the EMEA and Latin America. Their key focus is helping customers achieve their goals whilst ensuring an excellent Customer Experience for all our Academic, Biotech, Diagnostic and Industrial customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• To develop and grow Abcam´s distributor sales in line with the market share growth objectives
- Execute and support regional distributor strategy for EMEA and LATAM to achieve and exceed quarterly and annual growth targets
- Prioritise markets and determine market entry strategies for new regions and new distributors
- Organize quarterly business reviews with distributors with the appropriate planning and follow up communication
- Establish regular meetings and conference calls with distributors
- Train distributors to ensure continual improvement in capability, knowledge, customer service, performance, and profitability
- Working closely with Finance and Customer Service team to monitor distributors’ financial situation and order processing
- Monitor channel business legal compliance / integrity and work closely with Abcam legal
- Coordination and supporting regional digital marketing campaigns, including monthly distributor and weekly customer newsletters
- Working closely with distributors and EMEA/US marketing teams to organize roadshows or exhibitions in key countries to support brand and product awareness and demonstrate our technical capabilities to customers throughout the region
- Establish and use metrics to assess and report performance of each promotional program
- Monitor lead pipelines
- Collect and analyze market data to drive growth and develop markets
- Monitor key competitors’ activities within the regions and actively react to protect and gain the market share
- Provide regular written and oral presentations
- Provides regular, timely feedback to line manager on business development in the local geography
- Travel of up to 30% which includes face to face meetings with distributors and regional customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and traveling to sales meetings
The role requires someone educated to degree level (at least) in a relevant Life Sciences subject with good experience in a Sales or Marketing role ideally in a commercial Life Sciences business. Experience working in a complex market landscape, ideally under a distribution model would be highly advantageous. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to communicate and influence at a high level.
A second language, like Portuguese, Spanish etc. would be extremely beneficial.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support, and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.