Quality Assurance & Tester
Location: London, Farringdon
Start Date: Immediate
Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 09:00-17:30 (37.5 Hrs per week)
Who we are
We are a fast growing, multi-award winning web security consultancy with offices based in London and France. The company is well established in the marketplace with an impressive client portfolio ranging from government to companies in the FTSE100, as well as across Europe and beyond.
We have strong partnerships with leading global security companies and are Europe’s largest SSL certificate reseller. We are rapidly expanding our infrastructure & services we offer and hiring accordingly.
We were distinguished with Symantec’s "2015 EMEA Sales Growth Partner" award and recently ranked in the Deloitte Technology "Fast 500 EMEA", recognised as one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance & Testerto join our multi-culturally diverse team in London. Workplace benefits include 20 days annual holiday package increasing with each year of service; 5 days of sick leave annually; company contributory pension; daily fresh fruits; Friday evening drinks and after probation, generous perks package and employee discount scheme and private Health Insurance.
As a Quality Assurance & Tester, you will be part of the Development Team who develop & maintain a business management platform & client portal assisting sales, operations, marketing, finance, HR and our clients.
Your main mission will be testing the main websites and individual features to ensure the stability of Bakewell, only high quality features get pushed to production and production of support material for internal training. You will be liaising with the sales team, managers and suppliers.
Key accountabilities include:
- High awareness of the website’s evolution.
- Wider testing on tickets ensuring updates do not affect existing working features (Regression testing).
- Continual testing of the production site for bugs, loopholes, inconsistency and quality.
- Testing of new features in a staging environment for bugs, loopholes, inconsistency and quality.
- Signing off tested tickets for release to production.
- Producing release demo videos for internal training.
- Sending out release notes after a sprint has been released.
- Daily testing and proactively monitoring the production websites, creating support tickets, where necessary.
- Weekly creating test plans for tickets to be tested in a sprint, creating support material for releases and new & existing features.
- Rigorous Automation Testing.
Experience & Skills
- Experience with support or bug tracking software (preffered any of below)
o Mantis bug Tracking
o Pivotal Tracker
- An understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience in a website development project and basic understanding of.
- Experience of automation testing products (or willingness to learn)
o Phantom JS
o Ghost Inspector
- Knowledge in QA and testing.
- High observation skills.
- An ability to proactively take ownership of and resolve problems as and when they arise.
- A flexible approach to work and a 'can do' attitude.
- Aptitude to rapidly acquire new skills.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
- Flexible attitude with high initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Passionate about the IT industry.