I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant/Finance Officer looking for their next exciting career move. My client is offering a 3 month temporary to possible permanent position with the potential of career growth and study support.
The successful candidate must be immediately available or on a one weeks notice period.
My client is a part of a fantastic organisation well known within their sector and also the West Midlands. Continuously growing they have a brand new role for an Assistant Accountant/Finance Officer to join them for a possible temporary to permanent opportunity.
The Assistant Accountant will be in charge of carrying out a range of accounting, budgetary and financial administration duties in respect of the organisation. They will also have the opportunity to deputise for the Finance Managers.
The role will be varied but will vastly consist of the following:
- Financial Accounts (Reconciliation, Year End Processes and statement of accounts)
- Assisting with the preparation of the year end accounts
- To assist with audit queries as required.
- To assist with compiling complex financial information, multi financial year, statistical and analytical reports for the organisation, including the preparation of quarterly accounts
- To assist with the reconciliation of all input, output and balances from the accounting system including those with external records, e.g. bank statements, tax office, etc.
- To assist with preparing, collating and presenting financial information
- To assist with financial transactions relating to pensioner payroll.
- To carry out debt monitoring and outstanding debt recovery and to make recommendations for follow up actions as appropriate.
- Assisting with the preparation and setting of annual budgets
- Assisting with monitoring and forecast against the budget, providing quarterly updates.
- To work with budget holders in the detailed financial planning and review of busgets
- To liaising with budget holders particularly in relation to budgetary management, forecasting, savings and associated matters.
The successful candidate will have worked within a similar role previously and have extensive knowledge of Financial accounts, reconciliation, year end process and statement of accounts.
They will also be either AAT qualified or CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA Part Qualified.
They will also need to be immediately available or on a one weeks notice period.
Job Offer£12 - £16 per hour (Study support available should the position turn permanent)