Digital Communications Coordinator
Action for Carers (Surrey) is a local charity which supports unpaid adult and young carers across Surrey. Our offices are at Astolat, Coniers Way, Burpham, Guildford, GU4 7HL.
Exact working hours:
18 hours per week
About the Role
About the Role
Passionate about social media? Keen to make a difference? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Digital Communications Coordinator to join our small Marketing and Communications Team, taking operational responsibility for all our on line communications.
- Ownership of our social media accounts, creating engaging and relevant content
- Responsible for website updates
- Responsible for regular reporting on digital activity
- Work closely with all parts of ACS to source and promote relevant activities, building understanding of the organisation and its services
- Ensure digital communications are well planned and co-ordinated and compliant with the ACS brand
- Support a website review and redevelopment, implementing recommendations
- Keep up to date with social media trends and digital developments
- Be experienced in supporting website development and managing delivery
- Have a proven work history of managing social media accounts and have up to date knowledge of the digital world
- Have excellent written and spoken communications skills and the confidence to publish digital media unchecked.
- Be able to write well, to guidelines and appropriately for a wide range of audiences, including young carers, adult carers, and professionals.
A small amount of weekend work, on a rota, will be required to monitor social media accounts.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Action for Carers (Surrey) is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.