POSITION: HSE Manager
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00am -5:30pm
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure in a company that has doubled its turnover in recent years.
Due to continued expansion the Company are seeking a Site H&S / EMS Manager located from their Ellesmere Port site.
Site H&S / EMS Manager
Working in a busy environment the successful candidate will oversee both Environmental and SHEQ functions for the site while ensuring compliance with all SHEQ legislation and ISO certification. They will also drive continuous improvement in all aspects of Health, Safety Quality & Environmental risk management.
- Develop & promote a safe working culture throughout the site.
- Form part of the SMT attending daily meetings, reporting hazards and Risks
- Lead and support annual FSC Forest Stewardship council annual audits
- Lead and support Annual Sedex / Smeta Ethical Audits
- Lead and support Annual (BOPP) British Ornamental Plant Producer audits
- To ensure SHEQ audits are completed as per agreed schedule.
- Work with Senior Managers to ensure that SHEQ improvements are made and implemented.
- Lead and implement Staff Training requirements in relation to SHEQ legislation and best practice / all site SOP's.
- Proactively supporting the prevention of work related accidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Ensure monthly Accident Reporting and Investigations are completed.
- Maintain the Health & Safety Induction programme for New Starters, Contactors & Visitors.
- Provide document control for Site Operations - H&S policy, risk assessments, SWPs, SOP's.
- Liaise with associated SHEQ external bodies.
- Review and revision of quality systems and procedures to ensure the company meets it Quality Assurance standards.
- Support senior team with customer Quality Audits / Site Visits.
- Implementation of systems and procedures needed for corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- Prepare periodic Quality Management and Environment reviews (ISO 9001 & 14001).
- Oversee Sits GMP System and auditing procedures with SMT
WAMITAB / COTC for any Future waste processes on site.
In House ITSSAR Instructor for all site Mobile Plant & Training
Fire Marshall & First Aid Co-coordinator
Support & Site Contact CDM (Construction Design Management)
- Behave responsibly promoting the best interests of the business at all times.
- Work closely with whole site Operations team.
- Any other reasonable duties as and when required and requested.
- Promote ideas and challenge current procedures.
Please call Nicola at HRGO recruitment on or email or email your CV to .