Personal Tax Senior
AJ Chambers are currently working with a market leading accountancy practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior for their Marylebone office. The firm is seeking someone ATT qualified with personal tax experience within a practice environment.
As a Personal Tax Senior, you will work with the managers, partners and tax team. The role will mainly be focussed on all aspects relating to tax compliance for a variety of high net worth individuals, trusts, sole traders and partnerships. There will also be an advisory element to compliment the compliance work, as and when required.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of the tax returns for individual clients as well as trusts and partnerships, drafting letters/emails in support of these returns and explaining various tax issues if necessary, sending these to the clients and submitting them to HM Revenue & Customs
- Advising clients of their tax liabilities and reminding them of the dates and deadlines to comply with, managing clients’ affairs on a daily basis and ensuring all deadlines are met, dealing with client’s problems and answering their queries as and when received
- Preparation of Income Tax computations as well as calculation of Capital Gains Tax liabilities, as and when required, taking into consideration the Entrepreneurs’ Relief, Private Residence Relief and any other relevant Income and Capital Gains Tax reliefs
- Liaising directly with the clients and HM Revenue & Customs in connection with the tax liabilities and any tax compliance matters, as and when they arise
- Dealing/assisting with HM Revenue & Customs’ enquiries and collating the necessary information, contacting clients for this information, if necessary
- Ensuring that all electronic client files are complete and in order and contain all the information and paperwork received from the clients in order to look after their affairs
- Preparation of Letters of Engagement and running Client Due Diligence checks, as required, arranging new client set up and liaising with the head office in this regard
- Preparation of the annual forms P11D, ATED returns and Non-Resident Capital Gains Tax Returns
- Attending client meetings as and when required
- General administrative duties within the department, including scanning/copying documents when necessary
- ATT qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience
- Excellent knowledge of personal tax compliance
- Proven work experience as a Tax Semi/Senior in Practice
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing, speaking and meeting clients
For more information on this Personal Tax Senior role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.