Senior Solutions Architect
Senior Solutions Architect
Location: Manchester or Stoke on Trent with regular travel between the two.
Salary: Up to £70,000 (dependent upon experience)
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
Our three exciting brands Well Pharmacy, Well Careplus and Bestway MedHub are changing the face of pharmacy. We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Architect within our Well Pharmacy IT & Transformation team.
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Head of IT you’ll work within the Transformation team at Well to develop and lead the IT roadmaps that will support our transformation journey. We are a relatively new business and have some ambitious plans supported by a strong and deliverable technology roadmap, covering legacy IT systems, infrastructure and digital which is critical to delivering the changes we need.
This role will suit someone who has an outstanding track record of delivering technology change, flexible, innovative and embraces new ways of working together with understanding the challenges and constraints of maintaining legacy systems in parallel to delivering a digital transformation. You’ll have a strong technical background in a hands-on role and utilise your experience in application development, integration and data to deliver in this role. There are many challenges that you will get involved in resolving and from producing 3-5 year roadmaps through to engaging and influencing a wide variety of stakeholders, you’ll be a key person in our IT leadership team.
- Accountable for the design of technical solutions to meet Business requirements.
- Accountable for the strategic IT roadmaps.
- Provides architectural governance to ensure all projects and solutions align to the IT roadmaps and are deliverable and supportable.
- To have a clear understanding of the business strategy and work with the IT Senior Management Team to ensure that this is aligned with the IT strategy
- Major contribution to the formation of the IT Change Portfolio and longer-term projects.
- Ensure compliance with policies, processes and standards and delivery is to the desired timescales.
- To keep up to date with internal and external IT and Pharmacy developments & practices to ensure that input and advice is appropriate, forward thinking and contributes to the continuous improvement of business.
- To input into implementation plans and test strategies through to BAU state working closely with colleagues to ensure successful transition of IT solutions.
- To build and maintain constructive working relationships with key suppliers, internal departments and end users of IT solutions attending working group as IT representative
- Work closely with 3rd parties to delivery high performing outsourced services
- Ensure strong collaboration processes are in place with the key interfacing IT teams and in particular the Programme and Change team.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Degree or Professional Certification or equivalent relevant to the role.
- Strong technical knowledge across multiple technologies and domains (applications, networks and infrastructure).
- Leadership/Managerial/Delegation experience is essential to this role.
- Team Management /Strategic Awareness and Planning/ Customer Focus/ Project Management
- Experience of architectural methodologies such as TOGAF.
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
Closing date: 25th March 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.