I am now working with a large manufacturing company based in Derbyshire who now require the recruitment of a HSE Manager to Identify, coordinate and drive Health & Safety improvements across the Derbyshire manufacturing plant. Within this position the successful candidate will be responsible for proactively engaging in all HSE projects across the site/group.
My client are a large manufacturing company based in derbyshire with a workforce of 250 + employees. Due to company expansion and improvement projects planned, my client now require a full time, HSE Manager to work closely with Senior Management team to deliver Health & Safety improvements. This position would fit candidates who have previous manufacturing experience within a manager or above position.
Reporting into the Operations Director as the HSE Manager you will identify, coordinate and drive improvements, safety and quality productivity, working with the Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the manufacturing facility provides to their customers. The client do have a Manufacturing and Commercial building so experience across both of these area would prove advantageous but not essential. As the company have 250 + employees there will be future opportunities to progress within the group of companies.
Other duties include:
- Managing the HSE function, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across the manufacturing sites.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for HSE management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
- Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for HSE statistics.
- Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced environment.
- Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
To apply for the HSE Manager position based in Derbyshire you will have the below required qualifications & skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Qualified to NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma level or equivalent with significant HSE Management experience, preferably gained in a Manufacturing environment
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
- Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious.
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK H&S legislation.
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
£35,000 - £55,000