Administration Assistant - Product Team 12m FTC
The Company -
Topps Tiles is the UK’s largest retail tile and wood flooring specialist with over 370 stores. Our plans for growth and desire to grow our market share mean we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion.
The Role -
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administration Assistant to join our Product Team , part of the wider Buying Department. Reporting to the Product and Stock Team Leader, the Product Assistant will be a critical interface between suppliers and stores and a key member of the Buying and Product teams.
A collaborative team worker, you’ll be working closely with colleagues across the business and vendors. With this in mind, we will expect you to have the ability to influence and drive results through teamwork and passion.
This role will initially be on a 12m FTC.
Administration / Database Duties –
- Prepare and co-ordinate internal communications to stores
- Maintain and update the internal web based information for stores
- Maintain and update databases, new products and prices etc.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, documentation and files are accessible and up to date
- Plan and co-ordinate all new product allocations
- Buying Support -
- Liaise with suppliers for product information
- Log and track Trading Agreements
- Diary management / expenses for managers
- Store / Customer Support –
- Provide product related support and advice to stores and internal departments
- Collate and track supplier information
- Manage Buying Team email inbox
- Reporting Functions –
- Create and maintain periodic sales and stock reports
- Adhoc reporting for the Buying team
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of administrative, financial and system related tasks
- The Person / Experience -
- Proven track record in administration
- Can do attitude
- Previous Product/Buying Assistant experience within a retail buying team would be beneficial
- A proven ability to develop strong working relationships across the business and with suppliers
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organization and skills, ability to prioritise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- The ability to work as a part of a team and on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical
- Microsoft Word & Excel skills to an intermediate standard
- Experience with the IBM Cognos reporting studio would be desirable