Finance & Operations Controller
Role - Finance and Operations Controller
Ref.No - CF63
Location - Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Salary - £30K - £40K depending on experience
Job Type - Permanent
Status - Full Time
Benefits - 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, (3 days to be taken at Christmas) Pension Scheme on completion of a probationary period
Atlas employment are delighted to be working with a new client who are based in comfortable, modern and well-equipped offices at Milton Park, Oxfordshire. They currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Finance and Operations Controller to join their versatile team. The ideal candidate will be expected to approach each task with a level of flexibility and respond accordingly to changing business priorities. The Finance and Operations controller will primarily be responsible for recording all financial transactions, preparing management accounts and scheduling/purchasing of production materials.
- Coding and data entry of all financial transactions to accounting system ?
- Maintenance of financial journals and ledgers ?
- Manage cash-flow ?
- Reconciling bank accounts ?
- Preparing monthly and annual management accounts, supported by an external Accountant
- File and control finance related documentation in an organised manner ?
- Preparing and supporting financial audits and assurance reviews ?
- Processing and paying employee expenses ?
- Reconciliation of credit card bills and receipts ?
- Controlling petty cash and dealing with miscellaneous purchases
- Raising purchase orders against suppliers for replacement stock as required ?
- Paying suppliers against invoice when payment is due ?
- Keeping track of stock levels and identifying when reordering is required ?
- Booking received material into stock and accounting system ?
- Data entry of new and changed components and parts onto accounting system ??
- Invoicing customers as required in line with sales terms and conditions
- General office administration as required including tasks such as handling post, answering phone when sales not available, dealing with couriers
Requirements - Essential
- Qualified or experienced Accountant/Bookkeeper, CIMA/ACCA/AATA ?
- Proven high degree of accuracy and attention to detail ?
- General computer and internet literacy ?
- Knowledge of MS Office software; Excel and Word, general accounting skills
- Purchase or production control
- Good written and verbal communications skills ?
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision ?
Requirements - Desirable
- Knowledge of QuickBooks financial accounting system ?
- Ability to develop the role to control accounts in full ?
- Experience of producing management accounts
- Knowledge of HMRC vat returns process ?
- Currently studying or holding an accountancy qualification ?
If you think you may be a suitable candidate for this, please contact Chantelle Fogarty at Atlas Employment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job