Business Development Manager - Merseyside_N Wales
Business Development Manager - Merseyside/N Wales
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Flexible. UK, Home-based working.
Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
As the #1 provider for airlines and a top five provider for hospitality, healthcare, retail, and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized.
Your career is here at Elavon
It’s an exciting time to be in the payments industry, and at Elavon, we know our company is only as strong as our people. We are constantly on the lookout for strong team members who can provide value and superior service to our customers and partners worldwide. Elavon is committed to a diverse workplace, and we celebrate the individuality of each member of our global team.
We provide benefits to help you protect your health and financial security; they also give you peace of mind. We invest in your career growth with development resources that give you the opportunity to stretch and shine.
We draw strength from diversity
At Elavon, embracing diversity and fostering inclusion are business imperatives. We view everything we do through a diversity and inclusion lens to deepen our relationships with our stakeholders.
The role holder will be responsible for new business sales within a defined business segment within a geographical territory of the UK Business Market (Small to medium enterprise). The role holder will close bank referred leads and self-generate leads and sell Payment Services and VAS to achieve new customer targets and revenues in line with business objectives and sales targets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrable over-achievement against target experience in a direct sales technology based business-to-business marketplace in a role that is primarily focused on new business acquisition. Specialist knowledge of the Acquiring market is desirable.
- Well-developed understanding of the skills involved in opening and closing a sale in the Mid Corporate place. A structure that is underpinned by a recognised sales methodology is desirable.
- Direct experience of following a competency based framework model to develop sales practices.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at all levels of Elavon, Bank partner and externally.
- Broad commercial and financial acumen and awareness of issues involved in negotiating contracts and has ability to negotiate logically and constructively.
- An influential and highly effective communicator (verbal/non-verbal/written).
- A team player able to work and support colleagues across a multinational organisation
- A willingness to accept change and the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment with ability to "see the bigger picture".
KEY RESULT AREA:
- To achieve set monthly targets in respect of DIAOR (net income), KPI’s, back to bank referrals. As determined by the company and in accordance with the "I am Elavon" approach.
- Be responsible for closing leads from the bank partner, identifying, developing and closing sales through prospecting and activity and fully understanding the business key needs, customer decision cycle, and decision making process of the customer.
- Initiation and delivery of sales projects across southern team and also ensuring through attendance on internal project boards that the needs of the customer and sales team are met. Influencing Elavon UK wide strategy wherever possible.
- Provide accurate detailed monthly and quarterly forecast and ensure information on CRM is updated daily
- Understand and sell the whole card payment product portfolio, including Ecom, DCC, Mobile and other value add solutions as introduced.
- Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the payment market, card payment industry, competitors and internal activities to ensure that all business opportunities are identified, considered and closed appropriately
- Interface with other internal departments (e.g. C&R, deployment, Operations) as required to ensure that customer opportunities are managed quickly and effectively through the sales funnel
- Maintain professional customer liaison and ensure the ethics and sales process of the "I am Elavon" way is followed at all times
This role has been identified as a Controlled Function ("CF") under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Regime. Accordingly, the Company must be satisfied on reasonable grounds that the role holder complies at all times with the Fitness and Probity Standards.
Applicants agree to permit the Company (or its agents) to conduct such due diligence as it deems necessary to satisfy itself on reasonable grounds that you comply with the Fitness and Probity Standards and that you will provide the Company with all information and/or documentation relating to your qualifications, experience, employment history, financial soundness and other interests that the Company requests for that purpose.
U.S. Bank Named a 2018 World’s Most Ethical Company® by Ethisphere Institute
Elavon are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.