Support Desk Engineer
Support Desk Engineer (IT/Telecoms) - Sherborne - Dorset
Salary: £18,000 to £22,000 per annum
Based in: Sherborne
Additional Package Info: salary DOE -+ out of hours on call package
Would you consider yourself an experienced Support Desk Engineer, looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
An opportunity within a prestigious organisation that allows and supports you to reach your full potential?
Have you got a flair for customer service and experience in IT support?
At Micron you have the opportunity to develop your support and engineering skills within a well-established (20 years), and growing Telecoms and IT business in Dorset, supporting B2B clients' IT and Telecoms systems remotely, with the opportunity to specialise in various technologies or become a future Field Engineer conducting installs and maintenance/support.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will provide support to end users on a variety of issues through identification, research, and resolution of technical problems. Support is provided by responding to telephone calls, monitoring Service Desk tool queues and personnel requests using best practices and department procedures for technical support. The scope of support includes timely review and completion of assigned tickets and assisting in other areas as and where needed.
- Provide basic support in the following areas Telecoms, IT and WIFI
- Answer the support line and log support cases
- To provide telephone /remote assistance in resolving cases
- Take part in pre-configuration of small projects
- Escalate cases that need advanced support or customer care
- To regularly update case tracking information
- Update paper work on projects and customer documentation
- Ensure their own performance targets are met
- Assist within the team as a whole to achieve group targets and achieve a high level of customer service.
- Essential Requirements:
- Support Desk Engineer | IT Support | IT | Support Desk | IT Engineer | WiFi | Telecoms | Information Technology
- Experience in supporting IT and Wi-Fi technologies
- Superb communication & IT skills
- Organised and Self-Motivated
- Understand the importance of being part of a TeamDesirable Requirements:
- Have a solid understanding of how networks operate including experience in IPv4, routeing and subnets