Junior Installation Engineer - Reading Area
InVentry Ltd is a fast growing technology company specialising in the development of sign in, visitor management, auditing and school management solutions.
We currently have a specialist team of engineers who install and support InVentry products. Due to high demand for our products we are looking to expand the engineering team and are looking for a junior engineer.
InVentry provides auditing services to schools and businesses throughout the country. The successful candidate will lead the audit by attending the site, creating a full and high quality audit of all the assets via our custom built auditing software. They will also provide training to small groups of staff at the site on how to use the software and how it can be integrated within the organisation.
InVentry supplies it’s systems with an on-site next business day warranty, the successful candidate will be required to provide on-site support for this warranty as required, they need to be confident with computer hardware and fault finding in order to resolve the issue within the required timeframe to minimise the downtime of the system.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Completing on site audits for schools/organisations, as well as providing training to the staff on how to use the system, training will be provided.
- Completing on site visits to customers to resolve any issues as required, these will include both software and hardware fixes to keep the system working as it should.
- Spending time on the support desks dealing with customers issues via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools.
- Training new and existing customers on how to use InVentry products.
- Assisting the engineering team with the on-site installation of the InVentry visitor management products. This will include the physical fixing of the system as well as configuring the software as required.
- Assisting with the Preparation of job packs ready for installation and imaging new systems.
Applicants will require the following skill sets:
- An understanding of windows based operating systems.
- An understanding of common networking technologies such as Cat5, Switches, hubs, power injectors etc.
- A willingness to learn new skills and the desire to progress.
- Confident in dealing and speaking with customers in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to confidently deliver training sessions to small groups of customers.
- A methodical and meticulous approach to the task at hand, as well as completing tasks to a high standard.
- InVentry sells products nationally so a willingness to travel significant distances with overnight stays.
The successful applicant will have good access to the M4, be a forward thinking outgoing personality who enjoys new challenges and is comfortable both working with a team and by themselves. InVentry is a fast growing company with many opportunities to develop and progress. Significant amounts of overtime are regularly available and a competitive bonus structure is also available.