Personal Loans Branch Team Leader, fluent in Spanish
About the role
Fair Personal Loans is the consumer lending arm of Fair Finance. As a Team Leader you will manage a small team of personal loans officers and be responsible for team and branch performance, client relations, lending decisions and local marketing.
This is a challenging role that will require management skills, excellent customer service and organisational skills. You will have the ability to build effective relationships and be comfortable with change in an ever growing business.
Your focus will be on maintaining a high level of customer service and ensuring lending decisions are made consistently against the credit policy. Your drive to achieve business results will match your ability to interpret the Fair Finance mission in doing the right thing for our clients.
- Team Management; be responsible for managing a small team. Leading by example you will manage and motivate your team to perfect the customer experience and achieve business results.Work closely with your team to ensure consistency in work processes, regular collaboration and creating an encouraging and supportive work environment. Support the management team in recruiting and training for new starters.
- Customer Service; lead by example to provide excellent customer service to clients face to face and on the phone. Ensure the customer journey is effective and efficient. Proactively manage difficult clients and complaints, remaining professional at all times whilst treating all customers fairly.
- Risk Management;providing oversight for loan decisions and arrears management, supporting team members as required. Try and help riskier applications by finding the right solution for them while managing Fair Finance risk. Taking care in dealing with clients in financial difficulties and engaging with managers and the collections team to find the appropriate solution for these clients.
- Monitor Branch Performance; regularly review and analyse the loan portfolio and recommend actions on how to improve/increase quality of the loan portfolio and processes.
- Product Development; contribute to wider Fair Finance projects and learning, provide insight on how to improve the loans process and credit policy. Capture customer feedback to enhance our products and service in individual offices and support in testing out new products if needed.
- Marketing; work with the management team in creating a marketing strategy for the branch, including budget responsibility; liaising with local organisation and community groups to promote our services and build relationship with local businesses.
- A strong background in customer service, ideally within the financial sector, along with at least 1 years experience in a supervisory or team management role.
- Experience in handling customers and dealing with a range of different people.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport, understand the needs of your clients and provide appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated accountability, diligence and integrity in managing clients.
- A high level of computer literacy working with various CRM packages and Microsoft Office products with intermediate knowledge and experience of Excel.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values
- We will give you the environment where you can genuinely put clients before profits and make a difference in our clients’ lives
- We are a growing and diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission
- Our Head Office is in a shared workspace in Dalston, housing more then 300 creative businesses, social enterprises and charities
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 20 days in addition to public holidays; we also close between Christmas and New Year; 3% matching contribution towards a stakeholder pension
Application is by CV and covering letter ONLY through our website. Your letter should describe why you want to work for Fair Finance, and how your experience and skills meet the person profile criteria in the job description.