Sales Director - Laser Systems
A newly created position for an experienced Technical Sales Director to join a fast growing laser Systems Company based in Oxfordshire. This is a strategic hire -the Sales Director will be a critical member of the senior management team and will use their commercial insight and experience to deliver solid business growth, developing new markets both in the UK and internationally, with a particular emphasis on the USA. This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious technical Sales Director to take ownership of the international sales function of a high technology company. As Sales Director you will have the opportunity to redesign the sales function and processes, including motivating, driving and supporting the sales team to achieve higher sales. Ongoing career opportunities are excellent and the company are offering a highly attractive salary package including bonus and extensive benefits.
Already firmly established, this market leading high-tech company is growing strongly. In the last two years alone the company has grown by over 40% due to its World-class technical capability and significant investment in R&D activities. Their market leading bespoke laser and micro-machining systems are in high demand. The micromachining systems typically sell for between £200k -£1m but the company also offer a more affordable in-house laser micro machining & manufacturing service. This side of the business is rapidly gaining popularity and has potential for significant further growth. Their global customer base ranges from academic research institutions though to medical device, automotive, FMCG and Semiconductor industries -and beyond.
This is a highly technical sales role and the Sales Director will need to be technically literate in order to understand the clients' needs -although you will call upon the engineering and scientific resources of the company to develop potential solutions. However, whilst knowledge of lasers would be beneficial it is not essential -experience in related areas such as electronic or scientific instrumentation, high-tech manufacturing systems, optics, etc would be of definite interest and can form the basics while you familiarise yourself with the specifics of the products and services they sell.
To learn more about the company, position and package please contact Alex at Vector Recruitment.
Requirements - Technical Sales Director:
- Experience of managing an international sales team operating in different time zones and cultures.
- Experience of creating and maintaining sales processes that drive growth in a high tech business.
- Professional practitioner of modern sales management techniques and able to get the very best performance from their sales team.
- Financially astute, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a high tech business. Able to communicate and command the respect of technical and non-technical Customers and in-house Engineers & Scientists.
- An outstanding ambassador for the company, operating at a senior level with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Experience of selling high value capital goods, or sub-contract services via direct sales and international distributors
- Desirable: Experience of sales and business practices in the US
Education & Other Skills
- Degree qualified, preferably in science or engineering.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Driving license